Nearly nine out of ten transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination, according to the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Just like the oil in your car engine, automatic transmission fluid (ATF) suffers from heat, friction and electrochemical degradation. Once this process starts, your transmissions vital parts begin to clog with sludge and varnish deposits. Unlike your car's engine where all the oil can be drained out, most of the transmission fluid doesn’t drain into the transmission pan. Instead it stays in the torque converter, valve body and transmission cooler lines making a complete fluid drain impossible. In fact, the typical transmission service only replaces 25% of the contaminated fluid, leaving behind 75% contaminated fluid to mix with the new ATF.
According to automatic transmission fluid manufacturers, the addition of new fluid to contaminated fluid can actually cause sludge and varnish deposits to clog filters and restrict the flow of transmission fluid. This can result in a serious malfunction, or even complete failure of an automatic transmission.
Now there is an option. Three Star Auto Service, Inc. has purchased a transmission fluid flush machine to provide you with the latest service procedure that safely removes varnish and sludge deposits and cleans all internal transmission components, including the transmission cooler, valve body and torque converter. This service is also the best way to remove wear metals that are slowly grinding away on your transmissions internal components along with all of the old, contaminated ATF. Your cars transmission is thoroughly cleaned and protected with fresh ATF and conditioners that revitalize the seals and 0-rings in the transmission.
If your cars transmission is showing any signs of contaminated transmission fluid, slippage, rough or hard shifting. This service is the first thing you should try before it becomes necessary to perform major repair work or even the need for a transmission.
TRANSMISSION FLUID FLUSH INCLUDES:
1. Road test for engine performance and transmission operation and shift patterns.
2. Flush transmission cooler and cooler fines.
3. Flush transmission valve body.
4. Flush transmission torque converter.
5. Thorough cleaning of an internal parts.
6. Flush all contaminated transmission fluid out and replace all the transmission fluid with clean fluid.
7. Adjust bands, throttle linkage as required.
8. Inspect transmission mounts and linkage.
9. Top off transmission fluid and road test.
TRANSMISSION SERVICE INCLUDES:
1.Road test for engine performance and transmission shift patterns.
2. Inspect condition of transmission fluid.
3. Inspect transmission mounts and linkage.
4. Adjust bands, throttle linkage as required. Tighten valve body bolts.
5. Remove transmission pan clean or replace filter, replace pan gasket and clean transmission pan.
6. Top off transmission with correct fluid.